WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files that contain small amounts of information that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are sent back to the original website at each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises them. Cookies can perform different functions such as allowing browsing between pages efficiently, remembering preferences and, in general, improving user navigation.
TYPES OF COOKIES
According to different classification criteria, cookies can be classified into the following categories:
A) According to the issuer of cookies:
- Own cookies: Are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the website editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: Are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the website editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
B) According to the life cycle of cookies:
- Session cookies: They are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website, so they are not recorded on the user’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyse traffic patterns on the website. This allows to provide a better experience to improve the content and facilitate its use.
- Permanent cookies: They are stored on the hard drive and the website reads them each time the user makes a new visit. A permanent cookie has a certain expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. They are used to facilitate the purchase and registration services.
C) According to the purpose for which cookies are used:
- Technical cookies: Are those that allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access to restricted access parties, remember the items that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during browsing, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: They are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where they access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: Are those that allow the owners of these the monitoring and analysis of the behaviour of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through these types of cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browser profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in depending on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: Are those that allow the management of advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: Are those that allow the management of advertising spaces that the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on this.
TYPES OF COOKIES USED ON THE WEBSITE
We use analytical and statistical cookies to enable us to count the number of users accessing our website, their origin and their trend over time, as well as to identify the most visited content. The provider allowing us to use these cookies is Google Analytics which belongs to Google LLC, with registered office at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway. Mountain View, CA 94043. USA. Google Analytics provides detailed information on the use of these cookies in the section “Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites”;
The information collected through these cookies will be stored for a period of no longer than 26 months .
On the other hand, we use technical and functional cookies in order to control traffic and data communication, to identify the session, to access restricted access areas and/or to remember the user’s browsing preferences (language).
The legitimate basis for the processing regarding the use of technical and functional cookies is the legitimate interest of the Company, in order to facilitate the user’s browsing of the website.
COOKIE SETTINGS IN THE DIFFERENT BROWSERS
At the following links the user can access the necessary information to set up or disable cookies in each browser:
Also, the User can manage the storage of cookies on their browser through tools such as the following:
Date last modification: 12/04/2021